TRAVEL WITH PEACE OF MIND
OUR COMMITMENT TO SAFETY
Taking care of our customers and employees is our #1 priority. Transporting you safely, providing information on our enhanced cleaning and disinfecting procedures, requiring employees and customers to wear masks, encouraging physical distancing in our terminals and onboard and providing flexibility for customers who want to reschedule their trip are a few of the ways we are committed to you and are going the extra mile for you during this unprecedented time.
FACE COVERINGS REQUIRED
Passengers are required to wear a face covering while onboard our buses, and at our locations where required by local government. Our employees are already wearing masks onboard as well as in terminals. We highly recommend being prepared in advance with your own face covering. If you don’t have one of your own, see how to make one here. Exceptions to this policy include customers who have a qualifying medical condition, those who have trouble breathing and customers younger than 2 years old.
If you aren’t able to bring your own or if yours is damaged in route, you can ask your driver or one of our other Boltbus team members for a mask and they will be glade to assist. You also may be required by local law to wear one in the city your trip begins, ends or where you transfer.
Scheduled to travel but don’t feel 100%? We ask that you reschedule your trip to ensure your safety and the safety of those around you. Once you’re feeling better, we’ll be happy to welcome you onboard.
KEEPING YOU SAFE
ON THE BUS:
Physical Distancing – Extra Space Onboard
- We are encouraging customers to use extra space to create physical distance from one another, where possible
- You are separated from our driver’s area and equipment by a plexiglass shield while making announcements or operating the bus
- Showing your E-Ticket or paper ticket on your phone also helps provide physical distance
Cleanliness and Sanitization
- We require employees and customers wear a face covering while onboard the bus
- Drivers are wearing masks while scanning tickets and interacting with customers. Drivers may remove their masks, behind the plexi-glass shield, while driving
- We have increased the frequency of wipe-down cleaning of high touch areas onboard using a CDC recommended disinfectant
- We now ozonate each of our buses. Ozonation is an advanced sanitation process that has been proven to kill viruses, including COVID-19
- This is in addition to the deep cleaning and sanitization that occurs after each bus trip
- A bus is removed from service and subjected to a complete decontamination process if we are notified by the CDC that a customer or employee is exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms
IN THE TERMINAL:
- We are encouraging customers to remain six feet away from others whenever possible while in the terminal and while boarding the bus, where possible
- Our teams have added six feet indicators in our company owned locations and agencies to help with the recommended social distance
Cleanliness and Sanitization
- Our team members will be wearing masks for your safety as well as theirs
- We have increased the frequency of disinfecting common surfaces (counters, kiosks etc.)
- Sanitizers are more widely available for customers and employees
BOOK WITH PEACE OF MIND
We understand you may have concerns about travel and we would like to ease your worries by offering two options for you if you wish to postpone your travel plans because of concerns related to coronavirus. These options are available if you:
- Booked for travel through August 31, 2020
- Make the request at least 1 day prior to the scheduled departure date
We understand there are situations where you are currently unable to travel due to a site closure or a cancellation of an event. In these situations, we are offering the ability to cancel your trip without a fee and we’ll give you an eVoucher for the value of the ticket.
We understand there are situations where customers are currently unable to travel due to a site closure or a cancellation of an event. In these situations, if your purchase and travel dates fall in our peace of mind policy, we are offering the ability to cancel your trip without a fee and we’ll give you an eVoucher for the value of the ticket. eVouchers can be used for up to a year, must be redeemed via our call center, and is valid for either BoltBus or Greyhound travel.
- Must be issued by BoltBus
- Request must be made online by completing the eVoucher request form
- You will receive an email in 7-10 days confirming the details of your eVoucher with instructions that you can refer to when you’re ready to use it
- Must be redeemed within one year of issue date
- Can only be redeemed via our call center
Click here to request an eVoucher.
ONE-TIME COMPLIMENTARY REISSUE
To help you book with peace of mind we are offering a one-time complimentary reissue so you can rebook and travel for a later date for free.
- You are eligible for a one-time complimentary reissue to postpone travel and rebook for a later date
- New travel must be completed by December 31, 2020
- If you wish to postpone your trip to a later date, contact us at 1-877-265-8287 and our friendly customer care agents will be ready to assist
Our call center is open 7 days a week 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. CT